Ted Turesky, B.A.
B.A. -- Colorado College, 2008, Physics
Ted graduated from Colorado College in 2008 with a B.A. in Physics. As an undergraduate, Ted conducted research with Dr. Kristine Lang, who used Auger Electron Spectroscopy to better understand the insulation properties of metallic oxides, and Dr. Joseph Crabb, whose research examined the antibacterial peptide, nisin. After graduating, Ted taught high school math and chemistry at Hebron Academy in Maine, his home state. In 2010, with a growing interest in neuroscience, Ted worked for two years for Dr. Josef Rauschecker studying the neural underpinnings of tinnitus, a disorder characterized by ringing in the ears despite the absence of a physical sound source. Ted joined CSL in 2012. Under the mentorship of Dr. Guinevere Eden, he investigates the development of the motor system with fMRI. Apart from research, Ted founded and continues to lead a support group for people with tinnitus.
email: tkt3 at georgetown.edu
- Turesky, T.K., Turkeltaub, P.E., Eden, G.F. (2016). An Activation Likelihood Estimation Meta-Analysis Study of Simple Motor Movements in Older and Young Adults. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 8:238.
- Seydell-Greenwald, A., Raven, E.P., Leaver, A.M., Turesky, T.K., Rauschecker, J.P. (2014). Diffusion imaging of auditory and auditory-limbic connectivity in tinnitus: Preliminary evidence and methodological challenges. Neural Plasticity, 2014:1-16.
- Leaver, A.M., Seydell-Greenwald, A., Turesky, T.K., Morgan, S., Kim, H.J., Rauschecker, J.P. (2012). Cortico-limbic morphology separates tinnitus from tinnitus distress. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, 6:21.
- Seydell-Greenwald, A., Leaver, A.M., Turesky, T.K., Morgan, S., Kim, H.J., Rauschecker, J.P. (2012). Functional MRI evidence for a role of ventral prefrontal cortex in tinnitus. Brain Research, 1485:22-39.
- Turesky, T.K., Turkeltaub, P., Eden, G.F. (2015). An ALE meta-analysis of simple motor movements in young and old adults. Organization for Human Brain Mapping. Abstract.
- Turesky, T.K., Olulade, O.A., Luetje, M., Eden, G.F. (2014). An fMRI study on motor control in the developing brain. Society for Neuroscience. Abstract.
- Turesky, T.K., Leaver, A.M., Seydell-Greenwald, A., Rauschecker, J.P. (2012). Resting-state functional connectivity reveals auditory-limbic network in tinnitus. Advances and Perspectives in Auditory Neurophysiology. Abstract.
- Leaver, A.M., Seydell-Greenwald, A., Turesky, T.K., Morgan, S., Kim, H.J., Rauschecker, J.P. (2011). Limbic markers of tinnitus reflect tinnitus characteristics, not reaction to tinnitus. Society for Neuroscience. Abstract.