Anthony Krafnick, B.S.
Anthony graduated from Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia in 2008 with a B.S. in Biology and a minor in Psychology. His undergraduate research consisted of examining the effects of elevated CO2 on a native North Carolina Redbud population and predatory behavior of Bdellovibrio bacteriovorus on E. coli. He's currently a Ph.D. candidate under the mentorship of Dr. Eden working on the development of ventral visual representation of reading in typical children and changes following reading intervention in dyslexic children.
- Ullrich, L.E., Krafnick, A.J., Dumanis, S.B., and Forcelli, P.A. (2012) Drugs, the Brain, and Behavior: A Graduate Student-Run Comprehensive Course in Neuroscience. The Journal of Undergraduate Neuroscience Education, 10 (2): A105-A112.
- Krafnick, A.J., Flowers, D.L., Napoliello, E.M., and Eden, G.F. (2011) Gray matter volume changes following reading intervention in dyslexic children. Neuroimage, 57: 733-741.
- McElrone, A.J., Hamilton, J.G., Krafnick, A.J., Aldea, M., Knepp, R.G., and Delucia, E.H. (2010) Combined effects of elevated CO2 and natural climatic variation on leaf spot diseases of redbud and sweetgum trees. Environmental Pollution, 158: 108-114.
- Krafnick, A.J., Tan, L.H., Luetje, M., Napoliello, E.M., and Eden, G.F. Brain basis of Chinese character and English word reading in children. Society for Neuroscience Abstract, 2012. (New Orleans, LA)
- Krafnick, A.J., Luetje, M., Napoliello, E.M., Flowers, D.L., Tan, L.H., and Eden, G.F. English word, Chinese character and object processing in young English speaking children. Organization for Human Brain Mapping Abstract 7323, 2012. (Beijing, China)
- Krafnick, A.J., Dumanis, S.B., Ullrich, L., and Forcelli, P.A. Learning to teach through teaching neuroscience: Coordinating team taught courses. Society for Neuroscience Theme H Abstract 25.02, 2011. (Washington, DC)
- Krafnick, A.J., D.L., Flowers, Napoliello, E.M., Wall, A.E., and Eden G.F. A longitudinal study of gray matter volume changes after reading intervention in dyslexic children. Organization for Human Brain Mapping Abstract 3488, 2010. (Barcelona, Spain)