Megan Luetje, B.S.
B.S. -- University of California, San Diego, 2009, Cognitive Science (with specialization in Neuroscience)
Megan Luetje graduated with a B.S. in Cognitive Science (with specialization in Neuroscience) from the University of California, San Diego in 2009. As an undergraduate, she gained experience working as a Research Assistant in UC San Diego's Department of Cognitive Science, the Department of Psychiatry, and at the Salk Institute. This allowed her to gain experience working with varying human populations in research settings as well as solidifying her interest in cognitive research. This included working in the study and possible treatment of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder as well investigating the effects of empathy. Prior to joining CSL in the summer of 2010, Megan worked as a Clinician at Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes implementing treatment plans for children and adults with reading-related learning difficulties. Furthermore, she worked as a Research Assistant in the Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery at the University of Miami. Megan would like to pursue a doctorate in Cognitive Psychology.
- Krafnick, A.J., Tan, L.-H., Flowers, D.L., Luetje, M.M., Napoliello, E.M., Siok, W.-T., Perfetti, C., Eden, G.F. (2016). Chinese character and English word processing in children's ventral occipitotemporal cortex: fMRI evidence for script invariance. Neuroimage, 133: 302-312.
- Krafnick, A.J., Flowers, D.L., Luetje, M.M., Napoliello, E.M., Eden, G.F. (2014). An investigation into the origin of anatomical differences in dyslexia. Journal of Neuroscience. 34(3):901-8.
- Taylor, C., Olulade, O.A., Luetje, M., Eden, G.F. (2014). An fMRI study of visual motion processing in area V5/MT in typical readers. Society for Neuroscience. Abstract.
- Turesky, T.K., Olulade, O.A., Luetje, M., Eden, G.F. (2014). An fMRI study on motor control in the developing brain. Society for Neuroscience. Abstract.
- Krafnick, A.J., Tan, L.H., Luetje, M., Napoliello, E.M., and Eden, G.F. (2012). Brain basis of Chinese character and English word reading in children. Society for Neuroscience. Abstract.
- Krafnick A.J., Luetje M., Napoliello E.M., Flowers D.L., Tan L.H., Eden G.F. (2012) English word, Chinese character, and object processing in young English speaking children. Organization for Human Brain Mapping. Abstract.
- Olulade O., Luetje M.M., Napoliello E.M., Eden G.F. (2012) A reading and age matched fMRI study of motion perception in dyslexic children. Organization for Human Brain Mapping. Abstract.
- Eden G.F., Flowers D., Napoliello E.M., Luetje M., Jiang X. (2011) Evidence for a relationship between the heterogeneity of local regional correlations within the VWFA and reading ability. Society for Neuroscience. Abstract.
- Moore A., Wright M., Luetje M., Paulus M. (2009) Empathy and simulation of the physiological response to pleasant and unpleasant thermal sensations. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience: G33 Suppl. Cognitive Neuroscience. Abstract.